Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doppelganger...

So, everyone has started putting up pictures of who they, or others, think that they look like on facebook. G and I were cracking up last night going through people's pictures. Really?? Do you really think you are a spitting image of Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Alba, Giselle, Amy Adams, etc? I would find pictures and show G the celebrity and then show him the real person. We're horrible but it was honestly one of the funniest things.

So. Yesterday I went into work, left with a ton of work to bring home at about 3:30 p.m. because I was feeling like crap, came home, took my temp which revealed I had a temperature last night and then eventually headed off to bed. I woke up this morning and called the Dr. and decided to go in to just check things out. I didn't know if it was strep or what...I just know that I've had it for almost 4 days and I need something to get rid of it.

So I get to the Drs. office this morning and the guy next to me has a huge knife tucked into his tennis shoe..odd. Then there is an old couple to my right. The guy has on grey pants and a plaid shirt. The little old lady was sitting there with an oxygen tank on. So I'm sitting there and start eavesdropping on their conversation.

Old Man: "Hey, are these pants I have on grey or brown?"
Old woman: "They're grey."
Old Man: "No, I really think they're brown, see they match the plaid in my shirt."
Laura: (Looks at old man. He is wearing grey pants and a grey plaid shirt.) I start to laugh.
Old woman: Laughing says "They're grey, and well sometimes I think my blue pants are black."
Old Man: "Yeah, I've seen you with those on before thinking they were black too."

So after that thrilling conversation I got called back, had my temp taken and sat there and waited in what was obviously the kid's room, with the 7 dwarfs all over the walls and stickers all over the shelves. The PA walked in after about 5 minutes and looked at my chart, asked me a couple of questions, looked at my throat and ears and nose and said, "So, what did you want us to do for you? You have a bad viral infection and there's nothing we can really give you. Did you just want to MAKE SURE you didn't have strep or something????????" I have been sick for 4 days and I'm on the rag - not really the person you want to piss off right now. I looked at her and said, "Well, I've been sick for 4 days, have been running a fever and feel like absolute crap. So I thought I would come in and see the doctor to make sure it wasn't something serious and also to see if I could get something that would make me feel a little bit BETTER even if it didn't cure anything." I think she caught on that I was pissed off and on the verge of tears so she said, "Well sweetie, I could call in a cough syrup with codeine in it that would help you sleep better at night." I looked at her and said, "Yeah, that would be GREAT." She then told me that I was highly contagious and shouldn't go into work until Monday. Bitch.

I went to WalGreens to pick up the cough syrup, where of course, it wasn't ready. The girl at the window said, "Well, I don't have anything here for you." I said, "well the dr. was calling it in." She goes, "Oh, well I see we have about 4 messages on the line here." I sat there for a silent 20-30 seconds and said, "Well...could you CHECK them??" Good GOD. She did and said it would be ready in 15 min. So then I went and parked my car in the parking lot while it was pouring and sat there crying for about 10 minutes before pulling myself together to go back through the prescription line. Gena called me about 9 minutes into my pity party and got me out of my funk. Blah.

Anyways, then I went home, took some of the awesome cough syrup and got a ton of work done. Seriously, I got so much work done today while being on that cough syrup, I think it's the new adderall.

Charlie has definitely kept my spirits up while feeling like crap this week. He just makes me laugh all the time, and never left my side this afternoon when I got home from Walgreens. He took about a 2 hour nap on top of me while I was doing some work this afternoon, and snored louder than I've head most humans snore. Tonight I was sitting on the couch getting some more work done and I looked up and he had his head completely through a hanger, as those are his favorite toys. He would put his head through the hanger on purpose, then run around like a nut with it on while shaking his entire body...then the hanger would go flying off in a random direction and he'd run up to it again. Just makes me laugh...I tried to get a picture of him doing this but my efforts obviously didn't pay off.

So anyways, after another crappy feeling day today I guess at least tomorrow's Friday! G has to go to Dallas so it looks like I'll be working from home and will be completely by myself with Charlie dog. Hopefully by Monday I'll be feeling 100% again and will be ready to finish everything I need to wrap up before my meeting in 2 weeks. silent panic is setting in as I type this....

Back to getting some more work done...Oh, and just so I can play along-I've been told I look like Jenna Bush...

No comments:

Post a Comment