Thursday, January 7, 2010

Couldn't sign in...much to talk about...

I wanted to update this every day but for some reason I couldn't get the website to let me sign in! Anyways, Tuesday night was pretty uneventful. We took Charlie for a long walk, made some awesome Shrimp for dinner and then sat down to watch the Biggest Loser. I LOVE that show for some reason. However - after about 10 minutes of it Charlie and I passed out on the couch together and G watched the entire 2-hour episode by himself! I woke up around 11pm, still on the couch, to G giving me a rundown of who got kicked off and how the season would play out - he claims he didn't want to reach over and wake me up by taking the remote :) I beg to differ!
Charlie and Me during our long walk...it's getting COLD in Texas!

Last night we had our last puppy training class :( Charlie was the smartest one in his class, of course! He didn't have too much to compete with - he was up against a french bulldog puppy (they're apparently not the brightest bulbs) and a bichon frise. Enough said. Anyways, last night in class in the middle of PetsMart Charlie decided to take the biggest dump I've ever seen in my life. The trainer even commented on how "big that turd is for such a small dog." Sigh. I bet she thinks we're feeding him elephants or something. Long story short, Charlie graduated with honors and got to put on a graduation cap while walking towards our trainer to Pomp & Circumstance. It was a proud moment...until Charlie didn't want the hat on anymore and mistook my finger for a cookie and bit through the fingernail causing me to yell out SHIT in the middle of the class graduation ceremony. :( And then it prompted me to almost scream in a british accent, "CHARLIE BIT MY FINGER...IT REALLY HURT...AND IT STILL HURTS." However, I held back with that one but it made totaly sense at the time. Here's Charlie in that damn hat that gave me a hole in my fingernail.

Let me rephrase - "cute" damn hat

So anyways. THEN we come home last night, after going to HEB that was a total cluster F because everyone and their mom is treating this Texas "freeze" as Y2K the second. And all of Marbridge was there - seriously, not being tasteless. They were all literally there.

Where was I going with this. Oh yes, so we get home finally. I cook this amazing fancy macaroni and cheese dish from The Pioneer Woman blog. Look it up - so good! G loved it! Our good friend W came back into town and came over the hang out with us, etc. Preface: Charlie has always been a squatter. So W and G are sitting on the couches watching Bear Grylls give himself and enema (another story) and Charlie decides to go up to W's leg/foot that had on nice leather shoes and LIFT HIS LEG for the first time ever and pee all over him. I was horrified, W was cracking up and G was sitting there exclaiming, "He lifts his leg now!!!" So, if anyone knows how to get dog pee out of nice leather shoes let me know. W said he really didn't care and wiped them down with water, claiming he might just "try some baking soda later tonight on them" so please send over ideas if you have them! G was so proud that Charlie now lifts his leg though...as am I. No more getting made fun of for being a squatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment