Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look Ma...No Teeth!

So, Charlie's been teething. As in, biting our hands, furniture, all of his toys, chewing ice cubes and showing off his toothless gums. I wish I could've gotten a picture a couple of weeks ago when he had no bottom teeth in the middle...now he only has about 4 bottom teeth so there are big gaps between the "puppy fangs" he still has and the new big dog teeth he's grown in!
Aw Maaaa...not ANOTHER picture tonight!?!?! (PS. Notice the new collar!)

"OK Ma...here are my toothless gums!" And yes - Charlie smiles and shows me his gums upon request. That or I just caught him at a really good time while he was chomping on some ice...what's the difference?

Hmm...what else exciting happened today? Well, I went to work and G came out with Charlie while I was leaving and I noticed G talking to some random guy in the parking lot. Random guy=someone G went to UT with in the same college and this certain someone works at a really awesome software company in Austin soooo G of course got his number and they're going to get dinner or something sometime and hopefully this random guy that G knows will get him an awesome job here in AUSTIN! If not, it's off to Costa Rica we go. Kidding. Speaking of which, I told my Dad today that I was in a rut and thought that G and I should just up and move our little family of 3 to Costa Rica and open a restaurant or gift shop. My Dad's response, "You know I would be really upset with that right?" Me: "Why? Because I'd be wasting my education and how far I've gotten at TMA?" Dad: "No, because that's really far and I'd miss you!" [Insert awwww here] So that's it. We're not moving to Costa Rica :)

So...then on the way home I got bored in traffic and decided to snap some pictures while driving. They already made texting illegal, I've gotta find some way to spend my time - besides singing at the top of my lungs to Rascal Flatts of course!
Beautiful Austin while the sun is setting...ahhh..isn't it peaceful? Ugh.
Yes, thank you for noticing my artistic abilities in this photo. I think I've found my calling...

So anyways, back to Charlie. We got him a new collar last night that I think is quite handsome. Therefore my night consisted of walking Charlie for a long time, eating left overs, walking Charlie again, trying to get pictures of his toothless gums, taking Charlie out to poop and getting pictures of him in his new collar! So below is a handsome profile of my baby. He's starting to get light brown hair coming in under the black hair on his neck. It's really pretty and makes me wonder if he's part shepherd...you can kind of see it in this picture, but it's more noticeable when you're petting him. Wow - almost an entire paragraph on my puppy's neck hair. Sigh. I need some hobbies.

Did someone say hobbies??? I have been reading this blog and it makes me really want to go to Goodwill, buy an old piece of furniture and paint and reupholster it. Seriously. I also want to make some hanging art for our walls like they did in their bathroom using wood, paint, a paper picture they printed themselves and Mod Podged the stuff. Holy crap! What a concept...I'm so inspired. Then I remember that I'm in an apartment and really don't want to do anything spectacular right now with our stuff because I'm not sure how it will fit into our future home one day.

Speaking of homes - I'm thinking we're gonna put that off for a while. 1. We need to save more money. 2. G and I are hoping to reside in Austin permanently but it's hard to think about buying a house right now with the situation G's in with working from home for a Dallas company and 3. we're going to go look at cars for G this weekend. Out of left field, I know. But G's car is old, not doing great, needs some repairs and his reasoning is "why spend a ton of money (thousands) on this old car when a new one could be bought instead." Anyways. Long story short, we're going to go test drive a bunch of different cars before making a big decision. I'm very excited! OH- and I've decided that the next car I'm going to get is going to be an SUV. G said that we can get one some day when we have a kid. I might replace the birth control with sugar pills. Jk. Volkswagon Touareg..mmmm.

AND with that I think it's time to go to bed. ADIOS! And Goodnight :) (I have a lot of fun google-imaging my signing-off terms...think it's a new tradition)

No comments:

Post a Comment