Monday, January 4, 2010

Night of bad TV...

So, we had a very relaxing night tonight! It took about 45 minutes to get home from work which really sucked, it was horrible being gone from G and Charlie for about 10 hours today! I know it sounds pathetic but when it usually takes 10 minutes to get home from work and instead it takes 4X that...ugh.

Enough about that, when I got home I made yet another (last night was a round steak sandwich & creamed spinich) new recipe! I tried out the "Pioneer Woman's" chicken scallopini and it was awesome! So we had that and salad. We're trying to teach Charlie "off" because he loves to jump on the dinner table and on your lap while eating...bad habit!

We all know what started tonight...the BACHELOR! Don't know why I'm hooked on that show but I really am :) Jake is a total cheese-dick, but he's pretty nice to look at at the same time....maybe I should just mute it.
G and Charlie sat on the couch and watched it with me, Charlie's gotten very modest and likes to cover his man parts when mom takes pictures! He's also gotten really good at playing fetch! He just loves bringing you toys and having you throw them for him, so we played a lot of fetch tonight.

To the left is a picture of cheese dick and the girl that I think is gonna win...trust me, I have skill in choosing the winner. I can't remember her name, but she's the one that didn't have a voice during the show because she played the "sick" card. This is how Charlie gets you to play...he runs up to you with the toy in his mouth, lays it down (with mouth still around it) and expects you to take it from him before he sits nicely to go fetch it again. He's so cute!


He's getting kinda mad in the picture to the right...all he wanted to do was play fetch and mom was too busy watching Jake the pilot fall in love.


Charlie finally jumped up on the couch to cuddle. He's such a little love bug. So of course I dragged him on my lap and had him sleep under the couch blanket with me, can you say SPOILED??? Yeah, he is. We were really entranced by the pilot on TV...










G of course got bored of the pilot and had to go make himself a huge bowl of ice cream, which of course means that little peanut would get up and have to beg for whatever G was eating! He's so nosy and is such a little pig all the time. In fact, he even snorts! Seriously. If he's looking up at you, he snorts...it's the funniest thing ever. My little puppy-pig.

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.



So anyways, that was a lot of updating/pictures for a whole lotta nothing that went on in our lives tonight :) However, I love these kind of nights when we can just sit back, relax and enjoy our little family!

It's about time to get to bed. We've been bad (well, I have) and have started picking Charlie up and letting him in the bed around 5 a.m. or so in the middle of the night....he's been doing so well sleeping out of his crate so he'll go to bed when we do, stay sound asleep until 4 or 5 and then come and put his head onto my side of the bed (I think he knows I'm the sucker in our relationship) and so of course I pick him up and let him sleep with us until my alarm goes off! I actually look forward to it each night because he's just so snuggly...

On that note, it's off to bed. Doing well with my New year's resolution: going to bed earlier and getting to work on time! I'm 1 for 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment