Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Long time no post...

I'm not doing very well with this posting every day plan. But I guess that happens when you're gone for 4 days to a meeting and backed up with planning your own meeting at work. Sigh.

For some reason I can't get my pictures to upload right now so I've decided to just add pictures later instead! This past weekend I had a meeting with a coworker, it was her group and I went to just help. I just love being in Galveston for some reason, there's something about being near the ocean that I absolutely love. And I snapped a few pictures of our ship, the Voyager on the way off the island! I told G that I want to pack everything up (including Charlie) and just move to Costa Rica and open a gift shop or something on the beach :) It's weird to think about how we actually could do that if we really did want to...I don't think G was too keen on the idea!
Anyways, meeting is over. I got home from Galveston and Charlie was so happy to see me! I hate being away from him and even hate being away every day at work but getting to come home to a little puppy that's always just so happy to see you really does brighten up your day. I don't think dogs have a sense of time - he probably thinks every day I'm just gone for a little bit and thought the same thing this past weekend when I was gone 4 days. Oh well!

Tonight we have another training class. We're supposed to be working on "wait" this week, but we haven't done it at all I don't think. Charlie's going to be the laughing stock of the whole class. I think he's definitely the youngest, but he can hold his own with sit, shake and lay down! Those other dogs have nothing on him :) I'm just hoping he doesn't crap again today. Seriously - every time we're at PetsMart (at least the past 4 times) he has taken a poop in the room where we do the training. This class is even an hour later than the old one and he still waits until we're in that room. Really pisses me off - it's G's turn to clean up the turds tonight though so we'll see if Charlie does it again.

OH - speaking of turds. I am so tired of Charlie getting dingle-berries! I swear we clean and vaccuum our apartment! G just IM'ed me to let me know that Charlie peed inside today, he hasn't done this in about a month, and then when he went outside to crap he came back inside with a dingle berry that G had to PULL OUT! Ugh. So gross. I feel bad for G - usually there are 2 people there to work on the dingles...G holds Charlie and I'm the puller. It's sick. Sick. Guess I need to vaccuum every day and we need to keep a closer eye on Charlie to make sure he's not finding some secret stash of hair that he's eating. Again, Sick.

Next weekend (the 29-30) we're heading up to Chicago to visit a friend - it's actually a surprise! I can't wait to surprise him on his birthday, I absolutely love doing stuff like this! And the best part (well, not really) is that I don't even have to use any vacation days for this trip! I have comp days that I'm saving from this past meeting that I will put towards it. Hooray! I'm very sad to be leaving Charlie all weekend but I'm sure he'll have a great time over at Aunt Courtney's house :)

The night before I left for Galveston I decided to pose Charlie's toys in a "stupid" position. The below picture is Charlie looking at them confused....it was pretty funny at the time but kind of childish now that I'm talking about it....
Huh?

And 2 nights ago Charlie had a GREAT play-date with Bailey and Shiner, another dog friend. Shiner has a crush on Charlie (apparently) and wanted to do nothing but hump him all night! Poor little Charlie was definitely the light-weight of the evening all night compared to the other dogs...he kept getting taken out and was always picked on! However, what the big dogs didn't know was that Charlie still has several of his sharp little baby teeth and would bite the heck out of their back legs! Go Charlie!
Poor Gracie, my parent's Greyhound, is missing a chunk out of her ear! Yes - my mom keeps blaming my dog, which it could be true...we don't know, but somehow at some point something
went a little "Mike Tyson" on poor Gracie and took a chunk out of her ear. You can see a little band-aid on her little bitty head in the picture below. And if you look closely you can kind of tell that the tip of her ear is missing....sigh. I'm still not so sure it was my sweet baby boy....
We gave Charlie another bath after his play date (Shiner was teething which gave Charlie more red war paint on his face) and Charlie did so well! He just stood there and actually seemed like he kind of enjoyed it! I'm always afraid he's cold after baths though (even though it's been close to 70 here...in JANUARY...70...le sigh) so I covered him in an old, dry, fluffy towel and kept him warm. Awwwwwwww...so cute :)
Anyways, I'll try to update more often now that I'm back and getting de-stressed and back into the schedule of things. Later taters....(side note, I google-imaged "taters" just for the hell of it and this is what came up...kinda creepy if you ask me but I had to include it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment